Apr 7, 2017
Laura Maniec, Master Sommelier and owner of CorkBuzz Wine Studio
shares insights on being an MS, a restaurateur, and a hospitality
guru. After she shares her fascinating story, we talk about our
venture, weeklytasting.com and how we love wine shopping for
you and treasure hunting for great values that hit the price point
for an average of $70 for 4 bottles (a steal!).
Here are the topics we cover on the show:
- First, Laura tells us about her childhood and how her
grandmother shaped her mentality regarding hospitality.
- We learn about how a Master Sommelier gets made! Laura talks
about her path from cocktail waitress in Queens to MS and owner of
CorkBuzz Wine Studio in Manhattan and Charlotte, NC.
- We get Laura's take on the MS program and how much she loves
it! We talk about who it's for and who it's not for.
- We discuss Laura's awesome wine philosophy and how she wants to
help normal people love wine!
- Laura shares with us the latest wine trends she's seeing in
- We chat about the new project we're on together, Weekly Tasting
and how it's an opportunity for us to shop for wines for you that
you may not know about, have heard of or even knew you wanted (you
do want these!)
Laura is @lauramaniec on Twitter and Instagram and you can find
her on Facebook @CorkbuzzRestaurant&Winebar