Jan 27, 2018
This is a fascinating conversation with the force and Dry Creek Valley icon that is Fred Peterson, his son and Peterson's winemaker Jamie, and his daughter and head of sales and marketing, Emily.
As Fred discusses, following time in the military, he studied viticulture and winemaking and graduated with honors from UC Davis. After working in and around Santa Cruz for prestigious wineries as a vineyard manager, Fred came to Dry Creek Valley in 1983 to find and develop world-class vineyard properties.
Fred developed vineyards all over the Dry Creek Valley of Sonoma County, including on Bradford Mountain, where most of the fruit for Peterson's top wine hails. In 1987, Fred, launched Peterson Winery.
Peterson Winery now makes an average of 8000 cases annually, all in many small lots from estate vineyards and from like-minded growers and friends.
Peterson produces many wines...
- 3V White Blend- Vermentino, Verdelho, Vernaccia
- Agraria — a proprietary Bordeaux/Cabernet Franc varietal blend
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Sauvignon Port- dessert wine
- Mendo Blendo – Petite Sirah based blend
- Muscat Blanc — Dessert Wine
- Petite Sirah
- Petit Verdot
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Sangiovese — Dry Creek Valley and Il Granaio
- Vignobles- Red Rhone Style Blend
- Zinfandels — Dry Creek Valley, Tradizionale, Bradford Mountain, Bernier Zinyard, Warren Ranch, & Old School
- Zero Manipulation — an old-fashioned red blend
Please support our sponsor this week, who helps make the podcast possible:
Thanks to this week's sponsor who makes the podcast possible!
The Great Courses Plus -- who makes you smarter and more well rounded! With thousands of outstanding video lectures that you can watch or listen to any time and anywhere, The Great Courses Plus is an easy way to stimulate your brain and make you smarter! For a free month trial, go to thegreatcoursesplus.com/wine