Entrepreneur Stephen Bolger discusses VINIV, his company that allows people make their own Bordeaux wine using grapes from top vineyards & help from the top winemaking talent in the region. We discuss this cool concept plus how best to explore Bordeaux wine.
Here's an outline of what we talk about:
- First we talk about Stephen's meandering path into wine -- from minerals to tech to grapes!
- Then we talk about how VINIV evolved, from idea to reality and the challenges and opportunities along the way.
- We talk about Stephen's relationship with Lynch-Bages and the Cazes family, who owns Château Lynch-Bages, where VINIV is located.
- Although VINIV is really expensive, participating is a once in a lifetime experience and one that can be shared among lots of people. Stephen talks about what his clients get out of the experience.
- Then we pivot to general discussion on Bordeaux -- we talk about what it's really like in Bordeaux and the politics/structure of the industry. We talk about how people can people get great wine from Bordeaux if they know nothing and how to best explore Bordeaux.
Enjoy! And check out the winefornormalpeople.com/classes link for our live, interactive classes!