This week we have a special guest, Eric S, a wine sales executive in Shanghai, who gives us an overview of what's going on with wine in China. We cover things like:
- What types of wines are people drinking in China?
- Is wine consumption growing or has it hit a wall?
- What's the deal with the gifting culture, anti-corruption, and the crackdown (A.K.A, why the top growth Burgundy and Bordeaux need to pay attention to the UK, US, and Canada again)?
- Has the wine bubble burst?
- Do Chinese drink domestic wine or imported wine most often? Is it any good? What are emerging areas?
- What's the deal with counterfeiting?
- What's the predicted future for China's wine market?
A truly fascinating conversation -- we learned a ton and hope you do too!
Direct download: 132_Ep_132__Wine_in_China.mp3
-- posted at: 11:43pm EDT