Nov 15, 2021
Thank you for 10+ years and 400 episodes. We couldn’t do it without you! A VERY special thanks to our Patrons who have kept the show alive since 2018.
In this show we discuss 10 things we've learned over the 400
episodes we've produced over the last 10+ years. Here's a quick
1. Climate change is no longer a BS term. People are taking it
seriously and being more positive about what to do about it
2. Change in the New World – confidence, maturity, and even
3. Change in the Old World – a more
wine-lover centric attitude
4. Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater…wine styles have
diversified, so make sure you try many examples before you say you
dislike a grape or a region
5. The decline of the wine score…we still use them, but they
carry a lot less weight and there are many of us who know they are
highly biased and don’t give a lot of information to us
6. Balance is more important in wine than any one component
7. Consistency for WFNP (and for wine) is never going away…but
changing your mind with new facts is ok!
8. Everything in wine changes, everything in wine stays the
9. You can get a great bottle for $9, if you know what to look
10. A riff on #4 – sometimes wines that are bad sippers are great with food. It’s sometimes imbalance in a sipper that makes it perfect with food (yes, it contradicts #6 but this is a special circumstance – food changes a lot of things with wine. And that’s wine…full of consistency, full of contradiction!)
Cheers to another 400 episodes -- we'll make them as long as you keep listening!
Thanks for our sponsors this week:
Wine Access: Access to the best wines for the best prices! For 15% off your next order, go to www.wineaccess.com/normal
If you think our podcast is worth the price of a bottle or two of wine a year, please become a member of Patreon... you'll get even more great content, live interactions and classes!
To register for an AWESOME, LIVE WFNP class with Elizabeth go to: www.winefornormalpeople.com/classes