Fri, 24 July 2015
Saving a wine to enjoy when your kid turns 21 or on your 10th or 20th wedding anniversary is a great idea, but what will last that long? This week we've got a great list of options for you with advice on how to research your best options and storage tips to boot!
Here's the list:
1. Vintage Champagne
2. Alsatian Riesling from producers like Zind Humbrecht, Marcel Deiss, or Trimbach. Or German Riesling from producers like Donnhoff or JJ Prüm.
3. The Italians: Barbaresco and Barolo, Brunello di Montalcino, or Taurasi from Agliancio
4. White and red Burgundy
5. California Cabernets from specific producers: Ridge, Heitz, Chateau Montelena, Freemark Abbey.
6. Heavier Northern Rhônes of Syrah like Cornas or Hermitage or Châteauneuf-du-Pape from the specific producers in Southern Rhône.
7. Bordeaux from the best producer you can afford
8. High end Rioja
Sweet Wines (my top picks for long aging)
2. Vintage Port
3. Tokaji from Hungary
Whatever the occasion you're commemorationg there's a wine for you! Congratulations!
Direct download: 136_Ep_136__Birth_year_Anniversary_Commemoration_Wines.mp3
Category:wine -- posted at: 12:37am EDT