Jun 7, 2016
You want to know more about rosé? Ian Renwick, our regular
contributor from the Luberon on the border of Rhone and
Provence with Domaine de la Citadelle has been studying the
ins and outs of rosé for years now. As his apprenticeship comes to
a close, his "dissertation" is all about rosé and he shares much of
what he knows.
Here are the show notes. We discuss...
- The history of rosé and overcoming the bad reputation of
- Rosé's new found Popularity -- Brangelina, seasonality, and
- How to make rose -- first how to make red and white, then the
challenges of rosé
- What grapes go into rose and why a lot of rose is crap
- What people SHOULD do to make great rose -- DORK OUT
- Why rose is the "most technological of wine" -- and whether or
not it's drink making or wine making (my new favorite
- The importance of maintaining aromatics in rose
- Color differences, flavor differences and what to look for when
shopping (hint, why color should NOT be a factor)
- The question of age..
- Food and wine pairing ideas
And then we end of the rosé rant!
An excellent podcast that will give you new appreciation for