Mar 4, 2019
Danny Glover has had a fascinating life! He moved from a life in music production and writing to a life in the vineyards and in the cellar. A man with an obsession with terroir and a knack for making low-intervention wines, Dan has worked in huge, medium and small wineries, building his skills and repertoire.
The first thing you should know is that even though that OTHER Danny Glover is also an African American who has a wine brand, this is the REAL DANNY GLOVER. The one who spends his time obsessing about his wines and his brand L’Objet.
Here are the show notes:
1. We discuss Dan's life in music in LA -- how he wound up getting to California and how the wine bug finally bit him!
2. We talk shop about life in a big winery, all of the things Danny learned and how he became an incredibly talented, self-taught winemaker.
3. We discuss L'Objet and the concept behind it. We discuss Dan's approach to winemaking (including natural yeast fermentation) and why site makes a big difference to him.
4. Danny shares why charity is an important part of his career.
5. Finally, Dan discusses what it's like to be black/African-American i the wine industry and the challenges and stereotypes it has presented in his career.
If you want a really honest look at small wineries, at what it's like to move through the ranks and a great conversation about what lack of diversity in wine means, you've got to listen to this show!
YOU!The podcast supporters on Patreon, who are
helping us to make the podcast possible and who we give
in return for their help! Check it out today: https://www.patreon.com/winefornormalpeople
I love this service!! Last Bottle Wines finds great wines and offers them at a one time discount. Last Bottle Wines:
Visit: http://lastbottlewines.com/normal and join to get a $10 instant credit to use toward your first order. Invite your wine drinking pals and they’ll get $10 instantly and you get $30 when they make their first buy.